- Tesla TSLA -0.03% overcame snarled global supply chains to deliver a record number of vehicles in the third quarter. The Silicon Valley electric-vehicle maker’s shares climbed 2.8% premarket.
- Merck MRK 8.37% shares were up more than 3% premarket. Last week, the drug maker said its pill intended to treat Covid-19 had succeeded in a key study.
- Shares of some vaccine makers were extending declines premarket after having dropped last week following the report on Merck’s pill. Moderna MRNA -11.37% was down 3% and Novavax NVAX -12.40% shed 1.4%.
- Southwest Airlines LUV 5.68% shares gained 1.5% premarket. Barclays upgraded its rating of the stock and lifted its price target to $75 a share. It closed Friday at $54.35.
- DuPont DD 1.68% was up 1.2%, having also received a ratings upgrade, from JPMorgan. The bank also nudged its price target up to $85 a share from $84.
- 3M MMM 0.72% shares meanwhile received a ratings downgrade from JPMorgan, and the stock was trading down 1.5% premarket.
- Wine producer Duckhorn Portfolio NAPA 1.35% and Comtech Telecommunications CMTL 2.15% are among the companies reporting earnings Monday.
Chart of the Day
- A quirky corner of the U.S. stock market home to cannabis sellers, cryptocurrency trusts and other speculative investments is seeing record levels of activity.
Write to James Willhite at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright ©2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8